11.16.2012

Healthy

I think one of the hardest things besides staying awake on night shift is denying all the fatty and comforting food that is passed around to help us stay awake. 
As nurses, it is really easy to lose yourself in trying to care for your patients. Our long hours can be stressful and if you have families, all of your time is pretty much gone. We forget to work out, eat healthy and take care of ourselves.
Some easy ways I learned to stay on the right track is to bring your own lunch, eat healthy snacks and to work out on your days off. 
Now I cannot say that I have achieved all of this but I try my best to stay focused on my health. Because face it, if you are not healthy how are you supposed to take care of your patients and more importantly how can you teach healthy lifestyles to your patient if you can't be an example to them.

How do you try to stay healthy? Comment below!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment